Tuesday, March 15, 2011

More PR's at Pano Gym and running in the Vibrams

So Aaron and I are loving our new place and being so close to the gym. I am finally getting my arse into gear and getting to the gym more than once a week. I have no excuse now! I just have to jump on the gondola and I am there! Been pretty tired this week from all the work. I have definitely lost a bit of fitness since I have left home. 3months to go until our Iceland adventure so bring it on!

Tue 09.03.11
Pano Gym

- Warm Up -
Worm Crawl
2rds Official CrossFit Warm Up

Double Under Practice

- Strength -
Bench Press 5,5,5+ Load - 25,30,34(17)

I was really sore from the WOD on Monday. My back was really sore from having bad technique in my deadlifts so I only managed to get some bench press in today. Aaron said my grip in bench press was too narrow and I have to work on pointing my elbows out as I was working my triceps by bringing my elbows down next to my body. May be able to pump more reps out next time.. we will see.

Fri 11.03.11
Pano Gym

- Warm Up -
Worm Crawl
2rds Official CrossFit Warm Up

- Strength -
Deadlift 5,5,5+ Load - 45,50,59(12)
Back Squat 3,3,3+ Load - 40,49,54(11)

It wasnt a very clever idea sticking these two exercises together on the same day. I was pretty tired once I got to my back squats so next time will break them up so I have one exercise for the upper and lower body not two. Other than that my technique was much stronger on the deadlifts. My back was still sore from Monday's WOD but getting better.

Mon 14.03.11
Pano Gym

- Warm Up -
Worm Crawl
2rds Official CrossFit Warm Up

Double Under Practice

- Strength -
Deadlift 3,3,3+ Load - 49,55,60(18)
Bench Press 3,3,3+ Load - 29,34,39(8)

- WOD -
5rds for time of:
20x Back Squat @40kg
Handstand walk 20m
Time: 15:42

Felt a lot better yesterday. My back wasnt hurting anymore and I managed 18 reps at 60kg compared to 12 reps at 59kg on Friday (when my back was still sore). I changed my technique for bench press which burnt my pecks! I only managed 8 reps at 39kg which I was a little disappointed by but I can only get better from here.
The WOD was intense! I got it off the CrossFit mainsite from a few days ago. The handstand walks fatigued me very quickly. Aaron struggled a bit with these but progressed so far from when we were practising by the time we finished the WOD. My history with gymnastics definitely helped me with this move but still killed me. My back squat technique needs work as I had Aaron record my first round and I didnt break parrallel once. He mentioned this to me during the WOD and my squats improved but still needs some practise there..

Tue 15.03.11
Horsethief Parkade

- Warm Up -
3km Run
Time: 17:58

Max Double Unders in a row
Score: 56(PR)

- WOD -
3rds for time of:
400m run
50x Double Unders
Time: 10:49

Pretty happy with the PR on double unders in a row. I want to keep practising these to get my endurance in my arms up. They were burning by 40 reps and I just couldnt keep going after 56.
The 3km run was pretty slow. My feet were really hurting by the end of it. Running in vibrams on concrete isnt so fun. I am looking forward to California and doing some beach running. I think this will really help Aaron and I prepare for the trail run in Iceland because it is uneven terrain.
We got the WOD from our home gym CrossFit Darwin. I felt pretty slow in the WOD. Aaron finished in 7:18 so I was quite a fair way behind with 10:49. Hopefully I dont do too bad compared to the results back home which we will find out tomorrow.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment