Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One month in the States

I know, I know... Its ben FAR too long! Sorry everyone I have just been having an amazing time driving down the west coast of USA and back up the middle to Canada! Winter season finished up on a great note. There was lots of parties, lots of snowboarding and lots of end of season staff activities i.e. slush cup, awards, etc. Bit sad seeing everyone go but several are staying on for Summer so we dont have to say bye yet..
Aaron's parents flew over and met us at our resort where we then drove to Vancouver and then headed down. We made it to LA before saying goodbye to them all. It was VERY fun and I bought WAY too many new clothes and shoes.. Thats a lie.. I didnt buy too many I just ran out of money.. :(
We didnt really get a chance to visit any CrossFit boxes while the folks were here as we were too busy hanging out with them seeing as we hadn't seen them in 7months! We managed to get in several visits though once they left!In order of visits we went to CrossFit Las Vegas, CrossFit Full Strength, East Valley CrossFit, CrossFit Flagstaff, CrossFit USD, CrossFit Invictus and CrossFit Park City. Not too bad but I would have liked to have gone to more.
We completed our Level 1 Certificate Course at CrossFit Flagstaff which was by far the biggest box we have been to. We then went to CrossFit USD at the San Diego University for our Olympic Lifting Cert. It only took us 40mins to find the bloody place on campus but it was very worth it. Mike Burgener is hilarious and such a nice gentle man at the same time. He loved us Aussies!
The Level 1 Cert was mindblowing! We learnt so much and it was all so exciting! We even met Josh Everett!! One of the trainers gave us a lecture on Nutrition and since then Aaron and I have been following the 'Zone' diet. We started just over a week ago and I am already noticing the fat starting to shred off that I accumulated over winter.. YAY! I am eating 10 blocks at the moment but think I will up my block intake in the next couple of weeks and see how that goes. I'm pretty hungry most the time at the moment.
I am looking forward to getting back to Canada and getting into a routine with our food.  Its so hard trying to start the Zone and having to go out to eat most the time as we dont have a microwave, fridge, etc so its a little hard to prepare meals. When we go out EVERY meal is over the 2 blocks that I need. But we bought The Zone by Barry Sears and its given us a better idea on how to use the 'eyeball method' so we can count our blocks by looking at our meal then take the rest in a to go box. A long way to go before we master it and it becomes second nature (cant wait!) but we are on the right track and I am excited!
We are still in Park City at the moment and are making our way back to BC tomorrow. Looking forward to starting work and getting some income again!

No comments:

Post a Comment